Privacy is the concept of protecting sensitive data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The individual's right to privacy is a fundamental pillar that underlies a large number of regulations and standards, including HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, and many more. Core principles supporting many Privacy regulations include:
1. Accountability: Organizations who collect and store data should be held accountable for it's safe keeping.
2. Transparency: Individuals should know what data is collected, and how it's used and stored.
3. Consent: Individual should have control over how their data is collected and managed.
4. Security: Data should be protected from unauthorized access.
5. Accessibility: Individual should be able to access, update, or delete their data as appropriate.