The Enterprise Strategy Group 2023 Cloud Data Security Survey examines the impact of the public cloud on data security priorities and highlights the critical need for data discovery and classification. Senior Analyst Jack Poller, surveyed more than 350 IT, cybersecurity and DevOps professionals responsible for cloud data security at mid-size and Enterprise companies using SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS.
Key data points include:
- 86% have sensitive data stored in a data lake or warehouse
- 92% are confident in their ability to classify data yet a third have suffered data loss due to misclassification in the last 12 months
- 70% want their data security controls to read 100% of every file, object, database, or other cloud data
- Two-thirds prefer an integrated data security platform
- 87% plan on allocating more IT budget to data security in 2023
Download the ebook and see how your organization's ability to discover and classify data compares.