We are Open Raven, a cloud and data security startup with a product DNA that was founded in 2019 by two security industry veterans that have previously been acquired and taken companies public. We are backed by Kleiner Perkins, staffed by seasoned product managers and engineers and we’re seeking like-minded people to join our growing team.
We are looking for a technical documentation writer who will develop and maintain our product documentation for both our commercial and open-source products. The role reports to a senior program manager. We especially love candidates who are passionate about commercial open source products and working with the open source and security communities.
You will ensure that our commercial customers clearly understand what the commercial product does and how it works, including features, UI functionality and APIs.
You will develop how-to guides to help users easily accomplish important tasks from deployment to data security issue remediation.
You will manage the release notes process.
You will write and maintain in-product copy ensuring it is clear, accurate and consistent.
You will develop and maintain documentation for our upcoming open source product, working under the direction of our Director of Open Source and for the community.
- Experience in a similar previous role working on B2B enterprise products is essential.
- Previous experience at a fast paced early stage startup is desirable.
- A technical understanding of AWS is desirable.
- Ability to work successfully with minimal supervision in a distributed team environment.
- All applicants must be US Citizens or US Green Card holders currently residing in the Pacific or Mountain time zones. Being prepared to work on those time zones is not an option.
Compensation / Benefits
- Startup culture with a product company DNA.
- 100% remote / distributed team. In normal times we meet as a team in Los Angeles once a month and you must be able to travel for up to four days a month.
- High performing, fast paced product team.
- No drama, a “be a nice and good human” culture.
- A team where results and doing and not talk and thinking is valued.
- Competitive salary.
- Early stage stock options.
- Excellent health insurance and benefits; 100% coverage for employees.
- Flexible work schedules and vacation.
- Top of the line equipment.
ABSOLUTELY NO RECRUITERS
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity.
All applicants must be US Citizens or US Green Card holders.
We do not want, need, or accept candidates / applicants from recruitment consultants.