We are Open Raven, a cloud and data security startup with a product DNA that was founded in 2019 by two security industry veterans that have previously been acquired and taken companies public. We are backed by Kleiner Perkins, staffed by seasoned product managers and engineers and we’re seeking like-minded people to join our growing team.
We are looking for another engineer to join a growing operations team who develop tooling and software to manage our growing platform. The role reports to the head of operations. We especially love candidates who are passionate about commercial open source products and working with the open source and security communities.
Working across the product team including product management, user experience, engineering and operations you will design and develop tools to support the day to day operation of our infrastructure along with being an integral part enabling engineers to make the product operable. We are cloud-native and built on AWS, designed to discover and analyze large data sets and apply security policies using open-policy agent. We predominantly use a Java Spring backend with a React frontend running on top of Kubernetes. Most operations tooling and applications are written in Golang with a smattering of Python. We have a culture that openly discusses the operability of the decisions we make with an eye towards using metrics to drive our decision making.
- Experience in a similar previous role working on B2B enterprise products is essential.
- Previous experience at a fast paced early stage startup is desirable.
- Previous experience at a security vendor is highly desirable.
- Ability to work successfully with minimal supervision in a distributed team environment.
- All applicants must be US Citizens or US Green Card holders currently residing in the Pacific or Mountain time zones. Being prepared to work on those time zones is not an option.
Compensation / Benefits
- Startup culture with a product company DNA.
- 100% remote / distributed team. In normal times we meet as a team in Los Angeles once a month and you must be able to travel for up to four days a month.
- High performing, fast paced product team.
- No drama, a “be a nice and good human” culture.
- A team where results and doing and not talk and thinking is valued.
- Competitive salary.
- Early stage stock options.
- Excellent health insurance and benefits; 100% coverage for employees.
- Flexible work schedules and vacation.
- Top of the line equipment.
ABSOLUTELY NO RECRUITERS
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity.
All applicants must be US Citizens or US Green Card holders.
We do not want, need, or accept candidates / applicants from recruitment consultants.